Thursday 8 July 2010

Sunday 27th June 2010

My first fishing trip out with my Prowler Trident 13.

I met up with Rob who is my kayaking and fishing friend also is my uncle who loves to kayak whenever he gets a chance.

We decided to travel to Sandgate to launch our kayaks for some fishing.
After a 30 min drive we arrived the beach an it was packed with sunbathers.
We had some trouble finding a space to launch at the shoreline.

Eventually we got out and there wasn't a ripple on the water or even a breeze. Just perfect.
We paddled half a mile or so to an inshore reef and had a few drifts over it with lures to pick up some Bass or Pollock.




Today it seemed like nothing was biting. We continued paddling along and fishing around the inshore rocks and reefs in our search for some fish with no luck.




I decided to switch over to feathers in search for some Mackerel and couldn't find any of them either.
It was a complete failure nothing seemed to be working so we just took it on the chin and enjoyed the sunshine whilst paddling around fishing until we reached Folkestone Harbor where it was full of anglers that didn't seem to be catching anything either.
This made me feel a little better in myself as it wasn't just me having some bad luck.




Time seemed to fly past and it was then time for the long paddle back to the cars before our tickets ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment